I am an artist and maker, who sees the creative potential in materials, ideas and people.
I value the experience of hands on making to inform and understand what I create and see this as an ongoing dialogue which materials and processes.
This way of working also relates to my previous experience as an arts coordinator organising, curating and facilitating creative projects with children, young people and communities.
- August 2019 – Current Founding Director of Creative Catalyst CIC a social enterprise supporting young people into Creative Industries, based at The Creative Exchange, Perth (Wasps Studios) http://www.creativecatalystscotland.co.uk
- April 2018 – Current Freelance Creative Practitioner – Delivering art workshops and creative projects for children, schools and communities.
- Sept 2017- August 2019 Creative Pipeline Project Officer – CULTURE Perth & Kinross. Initiating & running creative employability project.
- April 2016 – April 2018 Creative Learning Officer – CULTURE Perth & Kinross. Project managing creative opportunities, events and training with schools, educators, young people, adults and families.
- Sept 2004 – March 2016 Cultural Coordinator – Arts Development Team, Perth & Kinross Council
- Feb 2003 – Jan 2004 Trainee Apprenticeship with D.F.Wilson Public Artist, Perth.
- Sept 1995 – Sept 2005 Freelance Arts Practitioner
- MFA – Art & Humanities –University of Dundee – 2018-2020 (PT)
- Extend Creative Leadership Programme – Engage – 2018
- Philosophy for Children Course – SAPERE 2016
- Forest School Training Level 3 – 2006
- BA Hons Fine Art 1ST Class – University of Wales, Cardiff 1995